* * *SUBMISSIONS NOW CLOSED* * *
PTEN and Motor Age are pleased to announce that nominations for the third annual Best Young Tech Award are now open. The award honors those technicians aged 35 or younger who are moving the service repair industry forward, excel in their current role, and are passionate about their work.
Qualifications to enter include:
- Technicians must be age 35 or younger (Must be born after January 1, 1988)
- Must have at least two years' experience in the industry
- Must have shown career development, innovation in their role, technical or educational achievement, community service, and/or importance to the shop
- Technicians can be nominated or nominate themselves
The grand-prize winner will receive:
- A trip to 2023 AAPEX/SEMA Show in Las Vegas
- A trip for two to the STX Supplier and Training Expo in Nashville in April 2024
- Tools and equipment from contest sponsors
- An award plaque and uniform patch
How to enter:
Nominations close June 2. You can nominate yourself or a deserving individual here.
The judging panel is comprised of Motor Age and PTEN technical editors, industry veterans, and CTI trainers. Carquest Technical Institute, Worldpac Training Institute (WTI), TechForce Foundation, Duralast, and Autel are sponsors for the program.
Learn about last year's winner here: