The holidays are coming up fast, and between the cookie decorating, tree trimming, yuletide caroling, and what you’re fairly positive is your 125 rewatch of A Christmas Story, you have to find time to do your holiday shopping. Not to worry though, we’ve got you covered. Below you’ll find a list of holiday gifts made up of suggestions directly from our tool reviewer panel.
- Thermal imager: One of our reviewers noted receiving a FLIR thermal imager was one of his favorite tech-related gifts. Perhaps your technician would like one too?
- Scan tools: Scan tools are an everyday use item for technicians, but not all scan tools are made the same. While one scan tool may work fine for simple diagnostics or a specific type of vehicle, it may not get the job done for another. This means technicians need a variety of scan tools to help get their work done efficiently. Before considering purchasing a gift like this, talk with your technician to understand what they need the scan tool to accomplish. Here are a few of many options:
- A paid update for one of their scan tools: If purchasing your technician a new scan tool is a bit out of your price range, try picking up the tab for one of their scan tool updates instead.
- Inspection camera:
- HU31035 Sensor Simulator by ANSED Diagnostic Solutions: The reviewer who suggested this product believes it would "make an awesome gift for any diagnostic technician!" See his full review here.
- 1/4” rechargeable battery-powered ratchet: The reviewer who recommended this type of tool, says that it would be "very handy for dash work where dragging an air hose is no joy."
- Ingersoll Rand 2135QXPA Series Impactool: This tool is another reviewer favorite. He notes that he received this tool years ago and still uses it to this day.
- Milwaukee Tool Straight Die Grinder and the Milwaukee Tool Angle Die Grinder: If you know a technician who's trying to eliminate cords from their workspace or just their shop overall, either or both of these tools could help them get one step closer.
- Snap-on Extended Reach cordless 3/8” ratchet
- Low profile floor jack:
- Rechargeable LED work light: An everyday use item for many technicians.
- Harbor Freight 44” toolboxes: A cost-effective option for any technician looking to expand their toolbox set-up.
- Air compressor:
- Milwaukee Tool Compact Inflator: Another addition to any shop or technician's cordless tools collection.
- A gift card to the tool distributor of their choice: If you're not sure what your technician needs you can't go wrong with a gift card, especially if it's to their favorite tool distributor.
- A hand-written holiday card: Let the technician in your life know how much you appreciate them by taking the time to write them a thoughtful message.