Epicor announced at AAPEX their newest B2B ecommerce platform to serve automotive replacement parts distributors and their customers. Named the Epicor Commerce for Automotive (ECA), the solution represents a comprehensive reimagining of existing industry B2B e-store technologies.
The cloud-based ECA platform is designed to help automotive parts distributors and other users increase sales and customer satisfaction by providing up-to-date, customer-specific part pricing and availability. With cloud native architecture, customer setup and control is simplified, streamlining each step in the online selling and buying experience. ECA is integrated with the Epicor aftermarket product content engine, featuring the industry's premier parts and application catalog, aftermarket-to-aftermarket and OE-to-aftermarket interchange, labor database, pre-configured jobs packages, and more.
“Epicor Commerce for Automotive delivers on our promise to create the aftermarket’s most user-friendly, flexible, future ready B2B ecommerce solution to help fuel faster, more profitable growth for distributor customers,” said Tim Hardin, Epicor's senior vice president of global automotive, data, and extend services. "This solution is the result of years of study and collaboration with distributor partners and other aftermarket distribution businesses."
Major features of the new B2B eCommerce platform include:
- Self-service account management – Distributors can manage customer networks and customize their presence for a branded user experience. Users can easily set up and modify account settings, control viewable inventory and pricing, and establish sales team members as “Power Users.” Distributors using the existing Epicor B2B eStore or an Epicor ERP solution can easily import customer, product, pricing, and other information into ECA.
- Multi-seller support – ECA will enable connected service/repair businesses to switch among multiple parts sellers without a separate login.
- Easier lookups – ECA provides consolidated views of rich data, including product specifications, images, diagrams, and cross-references to speed product identification and purchase.
- Third-party integrations – The solution allows for easy integration with a variety of logistics applications, non-application (tools and supplies, etc.) catalogs, and more.
- Buy Again functionality – ECA enables service dealers to easily find and repeat previous orders. The solution automatically checks part availability to ensure the complete order can be filled.
- Promotions management – Distributors can create and manage targeted promotions to their customer networks.
- Quote builder – The solution organizes and prints shopping cart content for presentation to service dealer customers.