The CTA Strut Lifter, No. 8200, allows technicians to safely compress the strut while the vehicle is on a lift for services such as strut removal and installation, control arms, ball joint hub separation, and pre-tensioning bushings.
- Provides a simpler and safer method to service struts on vehicles with double wishbone suspension.
- Services removal and installation of struts, drive shaft, control arms, and ball joint hub separation.
- Prevents the risk of damaging sensors, wire harnesses, and plastic wheel well panels.
- Use with the shop’s hydraulic transmission jack (30mm diameter).
- Supports the strut on the vehicle up to 1,102 lbs.
Features and benefits
- Allows the technician to safely compress the strut while the vehicle is on a lift.
- Service can be performed by one person.
- Offers an articulated depth and tilt.
While more and more modern vehicles are using pinch-welded design struts, which are seated directly into the hub, knuckle, or control arm, CTA designed the Strut Lifter to allow a technician to utilize a hydraulic transmission jack to compress the strut and remove it from the knuckle with ease. The Strut Lifter also supports the strut in place for reinstallation, allowing the technician to secure the top mount nuts without support from a second technician.
Made in China from high-density steel and polyoxymethylene (POM) clamping jaws. The tool supports up to 1,102 lbs.
Storage and display
The Strut Lifter is shipped unassembled in a box with assembly instructions included. Shipping specs: 11.5” by 9.5” by 3.5” and weighs 10.5 lbs. CTA recommends placing the tool near other strut service tools.
To watch a video demonstration of this product, visit: VehicleServicePros.com/53029038
Suggested retail price
For more information
Contact Alberto, Technical Director at CTA, at [email protected].
Information provided by CTA Manufacturing