University of the Aftermarket unveils on-demand feature

Jan. 1, 2020
Education at the University of the Aftermarket is moving closer to its students and members of the aftermarket now might want to consider going back to school.

Education at the University of the Aftermarket is moving closer to its students and members of the aftermarket now might want to consider going back to school.

The school at Northwood University in 2009 will launch University of the Aftermarket On-Demand, a Web-based educational program for students. The DeVos Graduate School of Management also is starting an automotive aftermarket executive MBA program.

Tracks include strategy, management, accounting and finance, branding, aftermarket-specific topics, leadership and technology, Brian Cruickshank, director of the University of the Aftermarket, says. The technology tract will be of particular benefit to the aftermarket.

“Going forward, all ACES and PIES training will be available through University of the Aftermarket On-Demand,” he says.

He describes the new features as a portal where students can access University of the Aftermarket lectures on a variety of tracts with streaming video and audio. PowerPoint presentations also will be included. Each one hour course will allow people to earn continuing education units toward their AAP (Automotive Aftermarket Professional) or MAAP (Master Automotive Aftermarket Professional).

Brian Cruickshank describes the new University of the Aftermarket On-Demand.

There will be a fee, which has not be established. But, if it’s anywhere close to the $99 average Webinar price, Cruickshank says the money saved will be worth it.

“That is a far cry from the amount of money a company would have to spend to send an employee on an airplane or to take time off to attend a day or multi-day program,” he explains.

In addition to the online programs, Tim Nash, vice president of Graduate and Specialty Programs, relayed information on the new MBA program through the DeVos Graduate School of Management. It too is offered online, with students required to spend two weeks a year on one of Northwood’s campus.

Within the program, Nash says 25 percent of the cases will be automotive aftermarket based, with the other 75 percent tailored to the discipline of business.

“Class discussions will have these industry future leaders talking with each other, analyzing cases and relating it to their businesses,” Nash describes.

It is a two and a half year program that will include guest speakers from the aftermarket, such as Kathleen Schmatz, CEO of the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA).

Sponsored Recommendations

Access Carside OEM Repair Data with MOTOR TruSpeed

Now available on all Autel MaxiSYS Ultra Series tools, MOTOR TruSpeed Repair delivers expanded OEM service and repair data within days of being published by

ADAS Case Study: From 10 Calibrations a Month to Over 10 A Day

Originally published by Vehicle Service Pros, March 26, 2024

Autel MaxiTPMS TS900: 3-in-1 TPMS Tablet

Originally published by Tire Review, April 4, 2024

Ask The Expert: The Basics & Benefits of Bringing ADAS Calibrations In-house

Originally published by Vehicle Service Pros, March 26, 2024

Voice Your Opinion!

To join the conversation, and become an exclusive member of Vehicle Service Pros, create an account today!