The Thexton Extended Small Engine Spark Tester, No. 862, is designed for small engines and has a long lead. The third "grounding pin" allows the spark to jump the gap in non-battery applications, the company says. The black backdrop lens allows for more visibility of spark. This tester works on most two and four stroke small engines. The product has an extra-long ground wire to provide the option for more grounding locations. Hook and loop tape is included for allowing the tool to be strapped facing the user.
The Thexton Extended Small Spark Engine Tester is designed to help with repairs that involve the ignition coil. This tool is suitable for use with lawnmowers, weed wackers and most small engines without a battery.
- Specially produced for small engines.
- "3rd Grounding Pin" allows the spark to jump the gap in non-battery applications.
- Has a long lead wire for extended grounding applications.
- Black backdrop lens allows for more visibility of spark.
Features and benefits
- It works on most two and four stroke small engines.
- Extra long ground wire provides the option for more grounding applications.
- Hook and loop tape is included, allowing the tool to be strapped facing the user.
- Ideal for pull start lawn mowers where the user is typically facing the wrong direction of the spark plug.
Thexton developed this product to help users diagnose ignition issues.
This product is made in the U.S.A., and is made of plastic and metal. It weighs 0.25 lbs.
Storage and display
The product is shipped in a clamshell and comes 12 units per box. The company suggests display this product by laying it on a bench or hanging it on a wall.
Suggested retail price
For more information