The Prevost PrevoS1 Safety Coupling 1/4" FNPT, No. pS1, is designed to improve user safety by protecting users from dangerous hose whip situations during disconnection of unsecured couplings. A custom o-ring seal offers a three-year leak-free connection and performance. The coupling is easy to identify by a color coded button that denotes plug profile, and the item number is printed on the body. The flow rate is optimized for pneumatic tools to provide consistent performance, and the coupling offers enhanced ergonomics for easy one-handed connection and disconnection.
The Prevost PrevoS1 Safety Coupling 1/4" FNPT is designed to change out pneumatic tools quickly for improved efficiency.
- One push technology helps protect users and equipment from dangerous hose whip, creating cost savings for the end user, the company says.
- Custom o-ring seal offers three-year leak free connection and performance. The leak-free assurance helps save money on wasted energy costs generated from running compressors.
- The coupling is easy to identify with a color coded button, which denotes plug profile, and the item number is printed on the body.
- The Prevost push button couplings offer non-leak performance designed to outlast the competition.
- For optimal performance, users can use any Prevost coupling with a high quality Prevost plug.
Features and benefits
- Helps improve productivity and efficiency for the user.
- Low plug insertion force helps allow quicker tool and hose changes.
- Rugged, long-lasting design for reduced downtime.
- Optimized flow rate for pneumatic tools for a consistent performance.
- Enhanced ergonomics for easy one-handed connection and disconnection.
- Lightweight construction allows less strain on the operator.
Prevost developed these couplings with the safety of the operator in mind. The Prevost ps1 line was the first to comply with ISO 4414 and ISO 6150 standards, the company says. This coupling helps eliminate dangerous hose whip situations during disconnection of unsecured couplings.
The entire PrevoS1 line of safety couplings is made of tough acetal composite material which can absorb shock that a standard steel coupler can not, the company says. It weighs 3.5 oz. Air flow at 100 psi is 35 scfm, the temp rating is 5 degrees F to 154 degrees F and the coupling meets safety standard ISO 4414, ATEX Zone 2 (gases), Class I Division 2 (gases) and Zone 22 (dusts) Class II Division 2 (dusts).
Storage and display
There is no minimum package quantity when ordering. If ordered in an increment of 10, they will be shipped in a white box. Any additional quantities not ordered in increments of 10 will be shipping in a clear plastic labeled baggie.
View the video demonstration of this product here.
Suggested retail price
For more information