Frank Oliveto, vice president, sales and marketing Americas, Util Group, Concord, Ontario, Canada, was elected as president of the Brake Manufacturers Council (BMC) of the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) and the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) at the council’s recent annual membership meeting.
• Vice Chairman: Walt Britland, director, aftermarket engineering, Federal-Mogul Friction Products, Winchester, Va.
• Second Vice Chairman: Terry Heffelfinger, vice president, product engineering, research and development, and quality, Brake Parts Inc., McHenry, Ill.
• Secretary: Jack Carney, president and CEO, FDP Brakes Inc., Tappahannock, Va.
• Immediate Past Chairman: Bob Wilkes, director of product development, Bosch Brake Components LLC.
• Managing Director: Bill Hanvey, AASA vice president of programs and member services.
The BMC annual meeting – held in Naples, Fla., in conjunction with the Friction Materials Standards Institute (FMSI) annual meeting – featured an outlook for the aftermarket by Paul McCarthy, AASA vice president; an update on brake issues in Washington and the states by Tom Lehner, MEMA vice president public policy; the service provider’s perspective by Tony Molla, vice president communications of ASE; and an update on copper compliance and reporting by Paul Anderson, engineering special projects, NSF.
The BMC’s next meeting will convene on Monday, Nov. 4, in the Sands Expo Center in conjunction with the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX).
Subscribe to Aftermarket Business World and receive articles like this every month….absolutely free. Click here.