Steadily increasing costs associated with aging truck equipment have more private fleets looking at full-service leasing as an option to buying new trucks, according to PACCAR Leasing (PacLease) President Neil Vonnahme. And as a result, PacLease has recently added eight new franchise locations in six states and one Canadian province.
PacLease franchises are opening new locations in Heyburn, Idaho; Loves Park, Ill. Jonesburg, Mo.; Pendleton and Portland, Ore.; Lancaster, Pa.; Charleston, S.C.; Dallas, Texas; and Saint Mathieu-Laprairie, Quebec.
"According to the 2012 National Private Truck Council Benchmarking Survey, 54 percent of survey respondents reported leasing the majority of their equipment, which is up dramatically compared to results from last year's survey," Vonnahme said. "The same survey also shows that 36 percent reported owning their equipment, down by more than 6 percentage points over last year."
Vonnahme points out that over the last five years, the survey has shown a growing trend toward leasing. In 2008, the NPTC Benchmark Survey reported a little over 35 percent of respondents leasing a majority of their equipment. It's been steadily on the rise, he added.
"An increasing number of private fleets are finding their profits being challenged by a flood of higher maintenance costs associated with aging equipment," he said. "They understand that a new truck offers lower maintenance costs, improved fuel economy and greater operational efficiencies, which results in lower operating costs.
PacLease franchises also find that customers are increasingly looking at full-service leasing as a way to acquire popular Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks with comfortable driver features to attract and keep good drivers, he said.
PacLease announces new franchise locations at the following locations:
- Peterbilt PacLease of Idaho, 480 22nd St., Heyburn, Idaho 83336, 208-679-3600
- CIT PacLease, 4301 North Bell School Road, Loves Park, Ill. 61111, 815-639-2000
- MHC Truck Leasing, 405 Smith Road, Jonesburg, Mo. 63351, 636-488-3145
- Kenworth Sales Company PacLease, 72567 Highway 331, Pendleton, Ore. 97801, 885-889-1499
- DSU Peterbilt PacLease, 5555 North Lagoon Ave., Portland, Ore. 97217, 503-285-7771
- Hunter Peterbilt PacLease, 1463 Manheim Pike, Lancaster, Pa. 17601, 717-299-6630
- Worldwide Equipment Leasing, 5740 Azalea Dr., Charleston, S.C. 29405, 843-725-5378
- MHC Truck Leasing, 34661 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway, Dallas, Texas 75241, 214-920-7355
- Maska PacLease, 690 Montee Monette, Saint Mathieu-Laprairie, Quebec J0L 1B0, 450-444-5600
PacLease, which has locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, provides customized full-service leasing programs and truck rentals for customers in a wide variety of industries. To learn more about PacLease programs contact a local PacLease location or visit www.paclease.com.
Adds seven new franchises in midwest
PACCAR Leasing Company expands network with franchises in Midwest and Pacific Northwest.
To keep fleets connected with their drivers and vehicles, the telematics system features universal coverage.