ST05 Oxygen Sensor Tester/Simulator Features and benefits The ST05 Oxygen Sensor Tester/Simulator by General Technologies Corp. provides instant reading and testing capabilities of the sensor output and diagnoses slow responses. Ruggedized electronics make the ST05 difficult to damage, and...
Welcome! This content is housed in a special section of our website designed for mobile tool distributors selling tools and equipment into the automotive aftermarket.
Articles written for mobile distributors are now only accessible with a unique login, to ensure this information stays exclusive to the mobile distributor community and isn't available to the public.
By registering to access this special section, you get full access to all of the content in VehicleServicePros.com magazine, along with exclusive online content that gives you an inside scoop on hot new products, exclusive stories, sales tips, technical information and more!
You will also need to be a qualified subscriber of VehicleServicePros.com to gain access. Subscribe to VehicleServicePros.com now or have your subscription ID ready.
It only takes a few minutes to register and verify your credentials. Register only once and simply use your login information when you return.
Login now to access exclusive content and learn more about how to make your mobile tool distribution business more efficient and profitable!
ST05 Oxygen Sensor Tester/Simulator
Features and benefits
The ST05 Oxygen Sensor Tester/Simulator by General Technologies Corp. provides instant reading and testing capabilities of the sensor output and diagnoses slow responses. Ruggedized electronics make the ST05 difficult to damage, and no software upgrades are required. Other features include:
• 42-volt ready: Can be used in newer vehicles with mixed or single 42-volt systems.
• Monitors and tests zirconia and titanium oxygen sensors in one- and five-volt systems.
• Internally protected against power surges, overloads and reversed polarity connections.
• Powerful LED bar graph shows sensor signal for easy interpretation.
• Crosses-per-second counter prominently displayed on LED.
• High temperature silicone 16 AWG test wires and rugged piercing clamps.
• Protective rubber holster.
• Provides instant readings and testing capabilities of the output of the sensor.
• Diagnoses slow-response sensors, which cause drivability problems.
• Excellent preventive maintenance tool to diagnose sensors that need to be replaced before they set DTCs or completely fail.
• Sensor can be tested on or off the vehicle.
• Does not require special setup or in-depth knowledge to use.
• No software to upgrade.
R134a Refrigerant Recovery and Recharge Unit
Features and benefits
The R134a Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging Unit No. 34788 by Robinair is fully compliant with SAE J2788 requirements, and incorporates many features of the existing model No. 34700Z. A recharging accuracy to within 0.5 oz. translates into fewer customer come-backs, while an automatic lock-out feature prompts technicians of a pending filter change at 100 lbs. of recovery. The new unit is compatible with conventional and hybrid vehicles using electrically-driven compressors. It is designed to give technicians access to optional vehicle database software, and allow easy updates on refrigerant and compressor oil capacities per vehicle. Productivity and safety are key attributes of the unit. Combining simple operation with critical charge accuracy, model No. 34788 helps shop owners maintain profitability. Other features include:
• Automatic Function allows users to program the unit to recover, vacuum, test leaks, charge and walk away without having to operate panel valves.
• Vacuum Leak Test will monitor the vacuum level after an evacuation and inform the technician of a possible leak in the vehicle’s A/C system.
• Automatic Air Purge eliminates damaging air without any monitoring of gauges or opening of valves.
• Refrigerant Management Systems display refrigerant use and monitors remaining filter life. Prompts appear when 1/3 of filter life remains.
• Vacuum Function defaults to 15 minutes, but is programmable up to 99 minutes. Remaining vacuum time is displayed on the screen.
• 115V 60 Hz.
• 30 lb. refrigerant container on-board.
• -50° to 120°F operating range.
• 43 ci. spin-on type recycling filter/drier.
• 3 cfm pump-free air displacement.
• 44” x 34” x 23”
• 235 lbs. shipping weight.
In June 2005, the Society of Automotive Engineers started a research program to reduce the emissions of R-134a. The program, called I-MAC (Improved Mobile Air Conditioning), was tasked with making R-134a systems more cost-effective while reducing refrigerant emissions. I-MAC members have pledged to design smaller systems with fewer leak points, and improve service equipment. As a result of this program, the SAE recently approved tighter standards for automotive A/C recovery, recycle and recharge equipment. The new standard, SAE J-2788, requires that all service equipment manufactured after Nov. 1, 2007, must recover 95 percent of the refrigerant and recharge to within 0.5 ounce.