Chicago Pneumatic’s 1/2” pneumatic impact wrench, No. CP7749, features side-to-side (S2S Technology) forward/reverse functionality located directly above the trigger. The design provides easier one-hand operation; the three-position regulator in forward provides control and helps prevent...
Welcome! This content is housed in a special section of our website designed for mobile tool distributors selling tools and equipment into the automotive aftermarket.
Articles written for mobile distributors are now only accessible with a unique login, to ensure this information stays exclusive to the mobile distributor community and isn't available to the public.
By registering to access this special section, you get full access to all of the content in VehicleServicePros.com magazine, along with exclusive online content that gives you an inside scoop on hot new products, exclusive stories, sales tips, technical information and more!
You will also need to be a qualified subscriber of VehicleServicePros.com to gain access. Subscribe to VehicleServicePros.com now or have your subscription ID ready.
It only takes a few minutes to register and verify your credentials. Register only once and simply use your login information when you return.
Login now to access exclusive content and learn more about how to make your mobile tool distribution business more efficient and profitable!
Chicago Pneumatic’s 1/2” pneumatic impact wrench, No. CP7749, features side-to-side (S2S Technology) forward/reverse functionality located directly above the trigger. The design provides easier one-hand operation; the three-position regulator in forward provides control and helps prevent over-tightening, while full power remains constant in reverse for max power to remove fasteners — without changing the setting in the forward position. The CP7749 has a full-tease trigger for better control of its 725 ft./lbs. of torque. The CP7749 is available with a 2” anvil (CP7749-2) for tire removal applications.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
• 725 ft./lbs. of ultimate torque in reverse: Power to loosen the toughest fastener.
• S2S Technology for forward and reverse: The most convenient one-handed design for shift into forward or reverse without moving your hand.
• Twin-hammer clutch: Proven hard-hitting design to remove stubborn fasteners.
• Three-position regulator in forward: For better control of assembling fasteners.
• Full power in reverse: To ensure the fastener is removed without changing setting in the forward position.
• Composite handle: For lasting durability and less weight, and comfort in hot or cold environments.
• Ergonomic handle and trigger: Comfort over long periods of use with less fatigue.
The idea of the S2S switch came from CP conducting market research and focus group studies asking the technicians what innovations they would like to see on an impact wrench. The idea came from battery-powered drills. The technology involved with placing the S2S switch in the current location took years to perfect, thus earning a patent for the design. This product gives CP a leading 1/2” impact wrench that provides all the power a technicians needs, combined with the convenient forward/reverse switch (S2S) that eliminates virtually all the stress on the technicians wrist and arm when changing directions, and a balanced tool.
The product is made in Taiwan with a composite handle and magnesium clutch housing.
• Max. Torque: 725 ft./lbs.
• Working Torque Range: 75-580 ft./lbs.
• Free Speed: 9,000 rpm.
– CP7749: 4.37 lbs.
– CP7749-2: 4.5 lbs.
– CP7749: 7.3”
– CP7749-2: 9.3”
• Average Air Consumption: 4.8 cfm.
• Actual Air Consumption @ load: 19.1 cfm
• Air Inlet Thread size NPTF: 1/4”
• Noise (impacting): 95 dBA
SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE