Sponsored By Driverse
The way businesses reach their customers is always changing, so business owners need to take advantage of easily accessible promotion techniques. This is especially pertinent for auto shops and car dealerships because of the competitive nature of the automotive industry. With an auto repair shop and car dealership on every corner, finding ways to help your shop stand out from the rest is vital for the success of your business. Luckily, as technology advances, more promotion methods are available to the average business owner. You can make your shop stand out with little to no investment and minimal time.
Here are five ways you can take advantage of low-cost ways to help your shop be noticed.
Claim Free Business Profiles
There are many easy ways to advertise your auto repair shop on the internet. One free option is to claim your business profiles on sites such as TripAdvisor, Foursquare, Google My Business, Bing Places, and Yelp. All a shop owner has to do is fill out a short profile on the site.
While filling out the profile, it is important to remember to:
- Fill out as much of the profile as possible.
- Make sure that your contact information is consistent across all websites and platforms.
- Make sure they have pinned your location to the appropriate place on the map, if applicable
- Include as many photos as possible
- Try to respond to as many reviews as possible, especially negative ones
Social media can help a shop owner build a loyal community of customers. This form of promotion is unique because it gives the customer an inside look at the shop, its staff and their relationships with customers.
To get the most out of social media:
- Focus on one or two social media platforms (where most of your target audience is)
- Make sure your profiles are complete and draw the customer in
- Respond to reviews and give feedback
- Promote relevant, regular content
- Ensure that 80% of your content is fun and informative
- Focus 20% of your content on promoting your brand or products
- Utilize live videos
Email and Text Marketing
Emailing and texting are great ways to communicate with customers, from sending maintenance reminders to offering coupons and discounts. Even though this is one of the easiest ways to reach customers, if you don’t have good contact information, it will not be successful.
To guarantee optimal results, make sure to:
- Collect accurate contact information
- Retain the contact information properly through a shop management system
- Add a signup form to your website so customers can receive information
Partner with Local Businesses
Partnering with local businesses is an easy way to promote your auto shop and build a long-standing relationship with those in your neighborhood.
To ensure success for you and your business partner:
- Make sure your businesses cater to the same customer base
- Offer coupons to each other’s customers
- Consider hosting events together
It is important to raise brand awareness as an auto shop. Doing so draws customers in and creates conversation surrounding your brand. One way that an auto shop can increase awareness is by hosting events, which you can promote through email and text marketing and social media.
Some events ideas to consider:
- Car shows (for experienced customers)
- Workshops (for newbies)
- Car care lessons (for newbies)
You Don’t Have to Be a Marketing Expert
Many businesses no longer need a marketing professional on payroll, thanks to the many simple and low-cost promotional techniques the internet offers. Constant advances in technology will continue to inspire new methods of communicating, so it’s important to never stop learning how to best reach your customers.