Designed for use with other OTC 5/8"-18 thread slide hammer attachments the OTC 9-Way Slide Hammer Puller Set, No. 4579, pulls flange-type rear axles and most front-wheel drive hubs. The set includes a 5-lb hammer in a polished chrome finish. Internal and external jaws provide a variety of combinations to pull bearings, gears and seals. Two- and three-way cross blocks and cone provide the perfect jaw configuration for most jobs. This set also includes a grip wrench adapter and a dent puller attachment for sheet metal or other unique pulling requirements. Packaged in a blow molded case.
Pullers are designed to help technicians remove vehicle parts faster and with less effort. Using a slide hammer can help remove bearings, gears and seals without damaging surrounding parts. Multiple adapters included with the kit allow for success in various pulling jobs on flange-type rear axles and most FWD hubs. The slide hammer movement puts direct impact on the part needing removed, avoiding potential damage to other vehicle components.
- Internal and external jaws allow for use on multiple pulling jobs – flange-type rear axles and most FWD hubs.
- Available attachments expand the puller’s capability to give technicians a versatile tool.
- Included grip wrench adapter and dent puller attachment are well-suited for unique pulling requirements.
- Included cross blocks (2-way and 3-way) give the ideal puller configuration for most jobs.
Features and benefits
- Pulls a variety of bearings, gears and seals quickly
- Works with existing OTC 5/8”-18 thread slide hammer attachments already owned by technicians
- Used on multiple pulling jobs with the internal and external jaw configurations
Founded as a puller company, OTC is rooted in removing stuck or frozen vehicle parts. A slide hammer is a vital tool for every technician to own. The idea originated from the need to pull small vehicle parts without adding an unnecessary amount of force and risking breakage. The slide allows for a controlled movement to remove gears, bearings and seals.
- Weight: 17.2 lbs
- Packaged in blow molded plastic case
- Made in China
- Steel construction
Storage and display
The tool is packaged in a blow molded plastic case. Store the case with the label out to show technicians what’s in the case, including the hammer and adapters.
Keep a bearing and cup nearby, using the puller to remove the bearing. Allow the technician to perform the same job so they can see the tool’s movement, adapters and ease of use.
Suggested retail price
For more information
Justin Fisette, OTC Tools