The program, now in its third year, evolved from the “20 Groups” that CARSTAR has offered for nearly 25 years. It has helped many of the CARSTAR stores achieve the industry’s highest KPIs, a measure of performance and operational efficiency, and industry leading customer satisfaction. For 2016, the CARSTAR Operations team has expanded its EDGE Performance Group platform, with the goal of continuing to raise the bar in the CARSTAR Three C initiative, which is Closing Ratio, Cycle Time, and CSI/NPS scoring.
- 70+ CARSTAR store owners and managers representing over 85 locations met in Glendale AZ for the first EDGE Performance Group (EPG) meeting of 2016
- The four EPG groups met separately throughout the week, doing store financial reviews for year end 2015 numbers, reported on goals accomplished since the meeting held last September, and set new goals for 2016
- The groups also visited CARSTAR Liberty Good Wrench, a franchisee in Peoria AZ
- A guest speaker from General Motors, John Eck, met with the groups to discuss My Price Link and the new Cadillac CT-6 repair program
- On Wednesday all four groups met with Jose Costa and the CARSTAR team to discuss the changes that have taken place since the purchase. Bob Keith and Melissa Miller then led a hands-on group session on goal-setting strategies for strategic planning and tactical processing. The day was wrapped up with Scott Paul and Keith Going presenting on improving and maintaining DRP KPIs and relationships
“The collision repair industry is continuing to consolidate and become more sophisticated, so our store owners are tasked with becoming better business operators to meet the industry’s performance demands,” said Jose Costa, Brand President, Paint & Collision Division, for Driven Brands. “We’ve combined the business management principles taught in most business schools with an industry focused curriculum that addresses the unique financial, consumer satisfaction and performance metrics of the collision repair industry. As the industry’s largest MSO network, we want to have the best operators, and can provide them the most advanced training and resources to run their businesses.”
Many CARSTAR locations repeatedly have a Net Promoter Score (NPS) exceeding 90 percent - a full 10 points higher than the industry average of 79 percent. CARSTAR is not only working to uphold those high numbers, but they are also focusing on another important benchmark, length of rental as measured by insurance companies. With the understanding that insurance companies are seeking to drive down car rental cost and drive up customer satisfaction, another goal of the EDGE Performance Group is to help stores to reduce their length of rental.
New additions to the EDGE Performance Group program include more substantial content in each Tier of the program, a technical competence around aluminum, and the addition of OPGs, or Operational Performance Groups, that will be held regionally to support GM training, and new MPGs, or Market Performance Groups.
CARSTAR hosts EDGE Performance Groups three times per year in strategic areas throughout the country. The next event is planned for Overland Park, KS, in May.
CARSTAR Auto Body Repair Experts-- a part of the Driven Brands, Inc. family of automotive aftermarket franchise brands -- is North America’s largest Multi-Shop Operator Network of independently owned collision repair facilities with more than 450 locations in 30 states and 10 Canadian provinces. CARSTAR delivers national scale, consistently high-quality vehicle repairs, repeatable outcomes and the industry’s highest customer satisfaction ratings; all repairs are backed by a national warranty and service guarantee. It was ranked 106th on Franchise Times® annual Top 200™ ranking of the largest franchise systems in North America and was named 18th on the Kansas City Business Journal’s Top 150 Private Companies list. The Romans Group LLC ranked CARSTAR the No. 1 largest MSO in North America. For more information visit www.carstar.com and follow us on Facebook and twitter. CARSTAR is actively seeking new franchisees. Interested parties should contact Scott Robertson, Vice President of Development at [email protected] or 888.505.6815.