To address the needs of the expanding global automotive aftermarket, Polk announced it has launched the largest and most complete resource for vehicles in operation and original equipment parts intelligence.
The WorldView platform is the only solution to integrate Polk’s Vehicles in Operation (VIO) data from 50 countries, forecasted vehicle population information and European original equipment (OE) parts research to enable clients to access a host of decision support information. The complete offering includes:
· Vehicles in Operation (VIO) -- Vehicle population figures for 50 markets around the world, together with a wide range of attributes to support filtering and appending detail in query output.
· Global Make/Model -- Vehicles in disparate markets are linked using a core set of relevant characteristics, facilitating identification and analysis of part fitment opportunities around the world.
· Global Catalog Merge -- The ability to integrate aftermarket or OE catalogs with vehicles in operation counts using ACES and TecDoc standards.
· Global OE Parts Research -- OE part numbers, specifications and vehicle fitment details.
· VIO Forecast -- Five year projected population figures with full ACES coding in the U.S. and TecDoc coding for the rest of the world.
· Historical Trending -- The ability to analyze part fitment opportunities across time intervals and identify areas of growth or decline.
· Aftermarket Industry Standards (ACES, TecDoc) -- Serves as a bridge between part numbers and vehicle population counts to provide the most accurate account of fitment opportunities.
“Global aftermarket needs are changing, and with the changes come significant business opportunities for all areas of the aftermarket,” said Mark Seng, vice president of Polk’s global aftermarket practice. “This comprehensive solution enables our global customers in the light vehicle and commercial aftermarket to access resources that can help them address market needs based on more robust market intelligence and easier access to information.”
The one-stop solution encompasses the largest and most complete source of VIO and OE parts research in the world, and is the only solution supporting catalog analysis in countries worldwide. Combined, this new holistic platform will enable business planners to analyze global part demand and support key decisions related to cataloging, inventory planning and part production for the light and commercial vehicle aftermarket.
In addition, customers have the opportunity to access global vehicle population data through a single login and consistent and common range of functionality, creating an opportunity to project future part demand. Additionally, it allows for better understanding of increasing globalization of OEM platforms and engine families, as this trend is expected to continue among manufacturers worldwide.
Polk, which recently was acquired by HIS, is already showcasing this new solution to its customers through private meetings and will highlight its new capabilities during its participation at the upcoming EquipAuto exhibition in Paris, Oct. 16-20, booth 5 E 093 and the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) in Las Vegas, Nov. 5-7 in exhibit #4634.
For more information visit Polk’s website.
Subscribe to Aftermarket Business World and receive articles like this every month….absolutely free. Click here.