The Alliance of Automotive Service Providers of Minnesota (AASP-MN) will host “Wheel Alignment Diagnostic Angles & Resetting Electronic Stability Control Systems,” Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2013, from 4 to 8 p.m., at Dunwoody College of Technology, Minneapolis. The seminar, presented by Roger Creason, Hunter Engineering, will cover wheel alignment diagnostic angles, including:
- Steering Axis Inclination
- Included Angle
- Turning Angle
- Setback and Thrust Angle
Procedures used to detect damaged suspension components not commonly found during the normal alignment procedure will also be covered.
On Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013, AASP-MN will host “8 Steps to a More Profitable Auto Repair Shop, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Airport-South, Bloomington. The seminar, presented by Bob Cooper and Doris Barnes, Elite Worldwide, will teach attendees how easy it is to build a more profitable shop, in the most ethical way, and join the ranks of the industry superstars at the same time. Attendees will learn how to:
• Set goals for the shop that will take it right to the top
• Find and hire the superstar technicians and service advisors
• Put together a marketing plan that will keep your service bays filled
• Dramatically improve sales and customer satisfaction
• Generate higher sales and happier customers
• Generate higher profits and increase shop value
And, on Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013, AASP-MN will host two “Health Care Reform” workshops, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. for those interested in learning more about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) before its January 1st implementation. This workshop will review the requirements and criteria of the PPACA to help attendees decide what strategy will work best for their business. Topics covered will include:
- Small business vs. large business definition
- Individual and small business tax credits
- MNSure – Minnesota’s health care exchange
- 2013-14 small group renewal considerations
- Options for small business employers, including pros and cons
The workshops will be presented by Dennis Begley, CLU ChFC LUTCF CBC, Employee Benefits Manager, CBIZ AIA and Aaron Hall, CEO & Business Attorney with Thompson Hall Santi Cerny & Dooley.
For additional information or to register, contact the AASP-MN office at (612) 623-1110 or 800-852-9071 or register online at www.aaspmn.org.
Subscribe to Motor Age and receive articles like this every month…absolutely free. Click here