Stanley-Proto has added 68 new large-drive impact sockets to their already extensive socket line to total nearly 1,750 sockets, 213 of which are strictly large-drive. The line extension encompasses an entire line of metric sockets for the 1-1/2"-drive line, a complete line of 2-1/2"-drive fractional sockets and new fractional sockets for the 1-1/2"-drive line. All Proto impact sockets feature:
- A high-performance design that permits them to contact fasteners away from their corners, while spreading stress over a larger area to allow you to apply 15 percent more torque to the fastener, reduce the risk of fastener rounding, and facilitate the turning of worn or rounded fasteners.
- The TORQUEPLUS wrenching system.
- Special alloy steel, which is heat-treated for the correct balance of strength and hardness.
- 1-piece construction to ensure concentricity.
- Optimal socket wall thickness to provide maximum strength and ample access to restricted fasteners.