Amprobe recently announced the availability of its new AMB-45 Digital Megohmmeter -- Insulation Resistance Tester. Features include:
- A more durable design
- Comes with test leads and PC software.
- The ability to test for wire insulation quality in the electrical systems of hybrid drives, as poor insulation can lead to fire or shock. The company states that proper maintenance and repair of hybrid drives should include tests for proper insulation of the voltage wires connecting the drive system with motors and generators. The tool can also be used to test alternators or any other electrical motor.
- Resistance measurement of the insulation with 250, 500 and 1,000 volts.
- A built-in voltmeter that verifies output of the motor up to 600 volts, as well as voltage drop under load.
- A low resistance feature for checking wire connections, as well as resistance and continuity of motor windings and cables.
- A programmable timer to perform the Dielectric Absorption Ration Tests, which allow you to verify insulation quality.
- An internal memory that allows for storing results and downloading them to a computer for generating reports.