OTC introduces their SABRE HP hand-held battery tester, which the company states is designed to test every type of battery on the market, including AGM and Spiral Wound types. Additional features and functions include:
- The SABRE can quickly diagnose bad batteries in a discharged state without needing to charge them first.
- Its SPX patented Accuracy Test Technology (ATT) with advanced micro-load testing techniques is reportedly 95 percent accurate, as it utilizes digital circuitry to control a series of small loads for more accurate testing of both the conventional Flooded Lead Acid and the newer Absorbed Glass Mat type batteries.
- This approach is fully automatic and capable of testing batteries that are partially or deeply discharged.
- Micro-load technology provides quicker evaluations of a battery's condition.
- At the push of a button, multiple loads are automatically applied to measure the batteries internal impedance, capacitive recovery, and other symptoms that could indicate potential battery failure.