The T.I.P.S. (Tire Inflation Positioning Switch) Trigger Tool for tire sensors is the latest system offered by K-Tool. With a new federal rule propsing for all passenger vehicles and trucks under 10,000 lbs. be equipped with TPM systems. The T.I.P.S. Trigger Tool is equipped to handle the new regulations and:
- Features a sensor-triggering tool design that is used to re-program the vehicle's computer each time the wheel position changes, such as a tire rotation.
- Has the ability to be used as a diagnostic tool to assure the TPM sensors are working properly prior to servicing a customer's vehcile, eliminating the cost of replacing a defective sensor without compensation.
- Is required when installing a new snsor that has been damaged during a tire change or rotation, allowing the unqiue sensor ID to be programmed into the onboard vehicle computer.
- The company feels this tool is the "Universal" TPM tool capable of triggering all OEM's sensors.
- Is upgradeable and features a single button "hunting" feature that helps select the correct sensor protocol when reprogramming to OEM specifications.