Snap-on Diagnostics recently unveiled software bundle 5.2 for their MODIS, SOLUS and Scanner diagnostic tools. Vehicle coverage and various repair data sources have been upgraded to include:
- Coverage of the latest 2004 models, including Ford CAN systems.
- Enhanced coverage of new GM models, including the new codes and data for GM body control modules for 1996-2004 models and functional tests for bleeding GM anti-lock brake systems.
- Enhanced coverage of 6 new Chrysler models, with airbag coverage for 1999-2004 models, complete Dodge truck ABS systems for 1998-2004 models, and six new body control systems
- The latest Domestic Driveability Troubleshooter with new tips for retrieving existing codes and embedded data.
- More symptom-based tests written by ASE-certified and factory technicians.
- More built-in tests and procedures for deciphering functional and actuator tests, as well as the Fast-Track data scan tips that provide descriptions of OEM-specific parameters and live data readings.
- The technical assistance section offers an updated list of TSBs.
- Expanded data glitches capture capabilities.
- Maximum and minimum thresholds can be set in the graphing mode, and if values are exceeded the data will pause automatically, based on user preference or manual prompts.
- Access to 512 frames of data for every parameter, so the technician can pinpoint the first parameter that went out of its normal range.
- MODIS users also gain new 2003 component tests and support for PCLink.
Want to know more about this product? Click here to request more information about bundle 5.2 for their MODIS, SOLUS and Scanner diagnostic tools from Snap-on Diagnostics .