According to RTI, their new EVAP Leak Finder (ELF-1) can find leaks in EVAP systems; EGR valves; fuel injector O-rings; throttle bodies and gaskets; vacuum reservoirs, lines and fittings; intake manifolds; head gaskets; valves and piston rings; HVAC controls; hoses and heater cores; exhaust systems; and fuel and oil leaks. The easily operated ELF-1 also features:
- The absence of smoke and heat due to unique technology that uses a safe, non-flammable process to find leaks with a substance that looks like smoke, but is created without heat.
- Multiple pressure settings and higher generation rates to fill systems quicker, thus reducing service times.
- A no-pressure safety default at startup to prevent over-pressurization.
- Compatibility with either nitrogen or compressed air.
- A compact, lighterweight design.
- Alignment with OBD-II test requirements.