According to LoggerHead Tools, their family of 3 Bionic Wrenches, which include a 6", 8" and 10" wrench, can replace 38 SAE and metric wrench sizes from 1/4" to 1-1/4" or 7 to 30 mm. These tools team the versatility of an adjustable wrench with the simplicity of pliers to automatically size and grip a wide range of nuts and bolts. According to the company, these wrenches:
- Have 6 steel jaws to converge and actively distribute force on all sides (rather than the corners) of a nut or bolt when the cushioned, ergonomic handle is squeezed.
- Don't slip or round off nuts or bolts.
- Eliminate the necessity to find an exact wrench size.
- Exhibit small, lightweight and portable construction that is easy to use.
- Avoid locks, knobs and other mechanisms to form an intuitive, universal design.
- Can operate on softer materials that traditional wrenches frequently damage, such as plastic, copper and aluminum.