Drill And Tap In One Operation The new Super Primalloy Power-Taps from Kimball Midwest quickly drill and tap in one single operation, eliminating the need for special size drill bits and assuring proper hole formation that helps provide ideal thread formation and superior thread strength. The new Power-Taps also feature:
- Precision ground threads that produce sharp, clean threads.
- Produce superior load capacity.
- A special drill point tip that penetrates faster than a conventional point drill bit.
- Performs on hard to drill materials.
- A 135 degree split point drill tip that self-centers the Power Tap, eliminating walking or wandering on the work piece.
- Helps assure precision placement on the threaded hole.
- Produced from premium "M" series alloy tool steel that is precision heat treated and tempered for longer tool life.
- A four-flat base to allow use in conventional tap chucks and has a round shank that allows chucking in standard drill chucks.