The OCL430MD Hub-Mounted Rotor Lathe is now available from Hunter for shops servicing medium-duty trucks and commercial vehicles. The rotor lathe uses Pro-Comp computerized compensation to adjust for lateral run-out with a push of a button, and a simple 1-point adjustment. The company says after the lathe is mounted to the hub, Pro-Comp conforms the adapter and lathe to the rotor, allowing you to complete machining within OEM specifications in less than 9 minutes. The equipment also boasts of:
- The ability to resurface rotors up to 17-1/2" in diameter and 3-1/2" in thickness.
- ServoDrive technology to enable you to vary the spindle speed and rotational torque of the lathe while in operation, without negotiating the final surface finish of the rotors.
- Anti-Chatter Technology (ACT) that virtually eliminates chatter, according to the company, by oscillating lathe speed while in operation to prevent the buildup of vibration.
- A reinforced cutting arm and rugged tool holders.
- A 1.5-HP, 230 VAC motor for additional torque.
- A trolley, which provides an extended low-to-high working range when a lift rack is unavailable or impractical.
- The availability of a full selection of adapters and accessories to match medium-duty, commercial-grade vehicle hub and rotor OE specifications.