Get a Handle On It Hobart has launched a new MIG welder called the Handler 187. Designed to take the guesswork out of setting correct voltages, the Handler 187 exhibits a unique 7-tap voltage control knob to provide more precise arc control. According to the company, other features include:
- Better arc starts and smoother arc performance.
- An output range of 25 '#8211; 185 amps.
- Finer voltage control increments.
- Weld beads with a more professional appearance.
- Less spatter, meaning less cleanup.
- The ability to maintain consistent performance on applications of 24-gauge steel to materials up to 5/16" thick.
- Operation with standard 230/240-volt power and a 4" or 8" spool of wire.
- Welding wire accommodations of .023 - .035 mild steel or stainless steel, .030 '#8211; .045 flux core, or .030 '#8211;.035 aluminum.