Diagnosis At A Glance Davis Instruments has made available its popular CarChipE/X Automotive Data Logger technology and software for monitoring driver performance. The CarChip package comes with:
- A "black box" data logger.
- A CD with software for analyzing the data.
- A connecting cable and power adapter.
- The ability to log up to 300 hours of trip details.
- The ability to monitor 4 out of 23 possible engine parameters.
- The ability to record data every few seconds.
- The system can also read the diagnostic trouble code and get freeze-frame sensor readings.
- The ability to record accident details. The Data Logger plugs into the OBD II connector in the vehicle and continuously collects data from the vehicle's computer control systems. The cable and power adapter can then be used to download the information to a PC to review a huge amount of critical data.