The Rush 290 and 291 design technology knives from Buck Knives have an advanced design spring mechanism that provides easy, safe blade release in assisted-opening knives. Buck uses its patent pending Advanced Spring Assisted Performance (ASAP) Technology™ that the company says takes a step beyond the typical spring tension release used in other assisted-opening knives. This new advanced design knife opens more smoothly and its compact technology allows for a skeleton frame handle. These knives feature:
- A dual-spring blade pivot with a cam lock and blade-release ridge.
- 2-1/2" drop-point blade made of 420HC stainless steel in the Model 290, with platinum or midnight blue handle.
- Top-quality ATS-34 in Model 291, with a gun-metal gray handle.
- Both models have a frame handle made of color-anodized 6061 T6 aluminum.
- Overall length open is 6-1/4" and closed is 3-1/4".
- Both knives weigh 2.4 oz.