Baum Tools introduces their Deutronic DBL 300 20-amp and DBL 700 45-amp computer-regulated power supplies for lead acid/AGM/VRLA batteries when flash programming a vehicle. A regulated battery charger/power supply is critical when flashing/programming late model vehicles in order to prevent any fluctuation, spiking or loss of voltage which will interrupt programming, cause damage to the controller, or lock it up. Features of these new "Intelligent Chargers" include:
- Charging cables with fully isolated clamping jaws.
- Switching-off relays.
- Output voltage monitored by OVP (Over Voltage Protection) that completely disables charging current if the preset charging voltage is exceeded.
- Short circuit, reverse polarity and defect battery protection.
- A switching option for an adjustable power supply.
- A sealed housing to protect against internal pollution.