When talking about tools, being referred to as a lightweight usually isn’t a good thing. But that’s certainly not the case with the new ControlTech (CTECH) Aluminum Electronic Torque Wrench from Snap-on Industrial.
Designed for precise and frequent use, the CTECH Aluminum is the perfect lightweight, durable and reliable torque wrench for technicians, particularly applicable in aerospace where its 12-240 in/lbs range is widely used. At just one pound, the weight is comparable to mechanical micrometer torque wrenches, yet the CTECH provides instant feedback on the exact torque actually applied – something mechanical wrenches can’t do.
Key performance features of the ControlTech Aluminum Electronic Torque Wrench deliver significant benefits:
- Torque and angle combo modes provide the most accurate and fastest way to achieve torque, plus angle, in a single motion
- Built in calibration factor for different extensions and adapters
- Control torque accuracy to +/- 2 percent clockwise, +/- 3 percent counterclockwise
- Dual side LED indicator lights with configurable settings provide operational guidance
- Easy-to-read LCD screen, LED indicator lights; audible beep and handle vibration work together to signal when torque is within the targeted range
- Dual 80 technology provides precise yet strong ratchet function with minimal ratcheting arc and very little lost motion, allowing you to ratchet in tighter areas
Additional features of the ControlTech Aluminum Electronic Torque Wrench include:
- Time-based calibration indicator
- 50 memory presets with batch count; presets can be locked to prevent inadvertent changes
- Fully programmable for reliable, consistent, repeatable torque application
- Sequence programming and job mode
- High capacity memory for storage of 1,500 readings
- Time stamped data trail for quality control, job auditing and torque verification
- USB plug and play technology allows data download without additional software
- Selectable languages include English, Spanish, French and German
- Industry-leading two year warranty
- Part Number CTAL1240 - 1/4” fixed head and fixed drive; Torque Range, in-lbs: 12-240; Torque Range, ft-lbs: 1-20; Torque Range, Nm: 1.4-27.2
- Part Number CTAL1R240 - 1/4” sealed ratchet fixed head; Torque Range, in-lbs: 12-240; Torque Range, ft-lbs: 1-20; Torque Range, Nm: 1.4-27.2
- Part Number CTAL1J240 - interchangeable/J-shank; Torque Range, in-lbs: 12-240; Torque Range, ft-lbs: 1-20; Torque Range, Nm: 1.4-27.2
For more information on the new ControlTech Aluminum Industrial Electronic Torque Wrench, call 877.740.1900, or visit www.snapon.com/industrial.