OTC Genisys Touch Diagnostic Scan Tool
Photo credit: OTC
OTC Encore Diagnostic Scan Tool
Featuring new coverage for 2014 Model Year Chrysler/Jeep, Mazda and Fiat vehicle coverage and industry-best diagnostics coverage for Jaguar, Land Rover, Subaru, Hyundai and Kia, OTC has released its second major software update this year for the Genisys Touch and Encore diagnostic tools. New software updates for the Genisys Touch and Encore are included with OTC’s annual subscription and are released several times throughout the year, with an emphasis on expanding vehicle and model coverage for technicians. OTC diagnostics offer industry-leading special tests coverage in ABS, airbag, body, suspension, steering, hybrid, tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS), park assist and instrument cluster modules for faster diagnosis
“In this industry, more coverage equals a greater chance at fixing a vehicle quickly and making money,” said Jim Fish, VP of Global Diagnostics for the Bosch Automotive Service Solutions brands. “With timely and industry-leading coverage at the technician's fingertips, OTC’s diagnostic tools give them the best chance to beat the flat rate and please their customers.”
In addition to the best aftermarket coverage available for many makes and models, OTC’s software update includes:
- New coverage added for 2014 model year Mazda and Fiat vehicles; 2013-2014 model year BMW/Mini vehicles; 2013 model year Mercedes-Benz and Smart vehicles including new coverage for 2011-2013 model year Sprinter vehicles.
- Expanded ECU coverage for 1996-2012 model year VW/Audi vehicles; 2009-2013 Mazda vehicles; 1996-2012 BMW vehicles; 1996-2012 Mercedes-Benz vehicles
Earlier this year, OTC released a coverage update for its Encore and Genisys Touch diagnostic tools that included:
- Throttle relearn on GM drive-by-wire vehicles with a scan tool, including most Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac and Saturn models
- Complete coverage for 2013 model year Nissan, Mazda, Kia/Hyundai, Honda vehicles
- New enhanced coverage for 1999 – 2013 Subaru, 1997 – 2012 Jaguar, 2005 – 2012 Land Rover
- Seven new tire pressure sensor registration tests for GM, Honda, Kia/Hyundai, Subaru and Fiat
“Along with more coverage, the inclusion of all updates with our annual subscription means the information gets to the tech faster, without having to purchase an update each time it’s issued,” added Fish.
Encore’s software upgrade, Version 18.104.22.168, Genisys Touch Version 22.214.171.124 are available now for downloaded, and are included with each tool’s subscription plan.