The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) unveiled enhancements to its Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) website to help drivers and motor carriers Get Road Smart about CSA, the Agency’s safety compliance and enforcement program.
The updates include:
- Consolidated, user-friendly FMCSA safety information tailored for specific user groups, including a new Motor Carrier Resource Center and an updated Driver Safety Education Center
- Easier access to Get Road Smart materials, featuring an updated CSA Feedback Form, where anyone can order posters and a brochure, with more materials to come
- New, easy-to-read factsheets, based on the most frequently asked questions from drivers and motor carriers
- The new factsheets answer questions including:
- What is CSA? – and how does it affect me?
- I got a warning letter – what do I do?
- What happens if I don’t improve my safety performance and compliance?
These enhancements to the CSA Website help to advance FMCSA’s safety mission by making it easier for drivers and motor carriers to access and understand important safety information. Visit the CSA website to check out these enhancements
CSA Safety Measurement System (SMS) website updated
The CSA Safety Measurement System (SMS) website has been updated with the June 20, 2014 snapshot. Check safety assessments now at: http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/sms.
Note To Carriers
There are two ways to access and view safety data. Carriers can log into portal accounts here or log in directly to the SMS website with the FMCSA-issued U.S. DOT Number Personal Identification Number (PIN) (NOT a Docket Number PIN). PINs can be re-issued or requested at http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov.