I.D. Systems, a provider of wireless M2M asset management solutions, has entered into a contract with one of the largest truckload carriers in North America to deploy its VeriWise Intermodal Cellular container management system on a fleet of intermodal containers. The contract is valued at more than $700,000 over five years.
"This order represents the first large-scale fleet deployment of our new Intermodal Cellular solution," said Kenneth Ehrman, I.D. Systems'
president and interim CEO. "This system is designed to maximize container fleet utilization and minimize idle time by providing visibility of loading/unloading events and generating real-time data on load status throughout the shipment cycle. The system has demonstrated the ability to reduce shipment cycle times by an average of 72 hours per container per month, and increase shipment volume and revenue by 10 percent--without increasing fleet size.
"Our customer tested the VeriWise Intermodal Cellular system extensively and found its simple installation and reliability compelling, as well as its tracking and reporting capabilities.De ploying our VeriWise system on domestic intermodal containers gives our customers real-time visibility of the critical 'last mile' of shipments, identifies when unloading is taking longer than expected, and provides quick alerts on empty containers. With this information, containers can be turned around quicker, deadheading can be minimized, chassis rental costs can be reduced, and revenue per container can be maximized."
The VeriWise(TM) Intermodal Cellular system features:
- Real-time location tracking via GPS satellites and GSM cellular technology
- A low-profile, modular design that enables simple, secure installation--between either the horizontal or vertical corrugated ridges of a standard intermodal container--in under 30 minutes
- A patent-pending, light-based cargo sensor that provides the functionality of a wired door sensor without the installation cost or risk of damage to exposed cables
- Rugged construction, with integrated GPS/cellular antenna and long-life battery, for years of reliable, maintenance-free operation
- An optional security package that prevents tampering and allows quick, easy battery replacement without having to open the container