Delphi Product & Service Solutions announces a new instructor-led training course focusing on the service and repair of ABS, stability control and traction control systems. Technicians can learn from Delphi’s professional instructors on how to perform a brake bleeding process on vehicles equipped with anti-lock brakes, how a hybrid brake-by-wire system works and more.
Contact Delphi at 800-550-TECH (8324) for more information about this course and the other 24 Delphi instructor led courses, or contact a local Delphi distributor to be notified of upcoming classes.
COURSE NAME: Anti-lock Brake, Stability Control and Traction Control Systems
COURSE SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate to Advanced
AUDIENCE: All automotive aftermarket technicians
PREREQUISITES: A basic understanding of braking systems
DURATION: Four Hours
This course from Delphi is designed to help technicians become more familiar with Anti-lock Brake (ABS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Traction Control Systems (TCS). Topics covered will include the components and operation of anti-lock brake, stability and traction control systems, which are essential for understanding more complicated braking and chassis control systems.
A better understanding of how these systems operate will enable technicians to become more efficient in system diagnostics and repair. Course discussion will include some of the more complex systems such as hybrid brake-by-wire, torque management and total system integration including CAN communications, which is necessary so information can be shared between chassis and powertrain controllers.
The intent of this course is to increase a technician’s ability to diagnose brake system concerns by:
- Increasing their knowledge of the anti-lock brake system components and operation.
- Increasing their knowledge of the traction control system components and operation.
- Increasing their knowledge of the electronic stability control system components and operation.
- Understanding the differences between anti-lock brake hydraulic channel systems and how they are used.
- Discussing the correct methods for performing anti-lock brake diagnostics.
- Discussing the correct methods for performing traction control system diagnostics.
- Discussing common electronic stability control problems.
After completing this course, technicians will be able to:
- Better understand the operation of an anti-lock brake system.
- Better understand the operation of a traction control system.
- Better understand the operation of a wheel speed sensor and the correct methods for performing diagnostics.
- Perform a brake bleeding process on vehicles equipped with anti-lock brakes.
- Better understand the operation of a hybrid brake-by-wire system.
- Better understand the operation of an electronic stability control system.
- Better understand the operation of yaw, lateral acceleration and steering angle sensors.
- Perform control sensor reset procedures.
- Better understand common customer perceptions regarding the brake, ABS, TCS and ESC systems.
- Perform brake service procedures for hybrid vehicles.
Learn more about Delphi at delphiautoparts.com or call 877-550-TECH (8324).