Earlier this month, NAFA held it's 2014 Fleet Excellence Awards, or FLEXY awards, awarded at the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis, Minn. Close to 1,400 fleet professionals attended the industry awards presentation and the reception following the event.
"You are representatives of the best of the fleet profession,” said NAFA Chief Executive Officer Phillip E. Russo, CAE, as he extended his congratulations to all of the 2014 FLEXY nominees and winners. “NAFA thanks you for your commitment, dedication, and desire to move fleet and business forward."
The FLEXYs are open to all fleet professionals, regardless of whether or not they were members of NAFA. Industry leaders, acting as judges in the selection process for finalists and winners, never saw the names of nominees or the organizations they work for. Voting was 100 percent blind; based solely upon the actions and ideas listed by the nominees on their submission forms. This allowed for unbiased selection based strictly on the quality of nominee accomplishments.
The winners of the 2014 FLEXY Awards are:
- Outstanding Achievement in Corporate Fleet Management: Jonathan Kamanns (Ingersoll-Rand)
- Outstanding Achievement in Public Fleet Management: Kevin Schlangen, CAFM (Dakota County)
- Excellence in Corporate Fleet Sustainability: Bruce Donovan (DeAngelo Brothers Incorporated)
- Excellence in Public Fleet Sustainability: Keith Leech (City of Sacramento)
- Excellence in Corporate Fleet Safety: Andy Sacha (Nestlé)
- Excellence in Public Fleet Safety: Jacquie Deitch (City of Calgary)
- Excellence in Fleet Leadership: Keith Leech (City of Sacramento)
NAFA's Member of the Year and Affiliate of the Year were awarded for their outstanding service and contributions to the Association. The honors for 2014 go to:
- NAFA Member of the Year: Tracy McCann (Mylan Inc.)
- NAFA Affiliate of the Year: Janice Sutton (Fleet Management Weekly at AIN)
Representatives from Canadian Automotive Review, Fleet Management Weekly, and The Municipal, served as award presenters, alongside top Association leadership. NAFA will begin accepting submissions for 2015 Fleet Excellence Awards in the fall of 2014. Information will be posted on NAFA's official website, www.nafa.org.