Snap-on announces it is now offering free MODIS Ultra Training Solutions modules on its website. The 10 modules are designed to help technicians, from rookies to seasoned diagnostic specialists, navigate the features and functionality of this new multifunction tool that includes a fully integrated scan tool, lab scope, vehicle-specific communication software and expert information resources all in one diagnostic tool.
The MODIS Ultra Training Solutions modules cover:
- Introduction and navigation: start-up, controls and touch screen
- Scanner codes: vehicle manual ID, vehicle auto ID, system selection and codes menu
- Scanner data PID view: data menu, data recording/playback/pause, custom data lists and PID sorting
- Scanner data graphing view: PID triggers, cursors, cause and effect, zoom and save
- Troubleshooter: code tips, symptom tips, common problems, tests and procedures and fast-track fixes
- Functional tests: scanner functional tests, scanner output controls, actuator tests, custom data list
- Global OBD-II: the 10 modes of OBD-II
- Meters: meter functions, digital multimeter, graphing multimeter and scope functions
- Guided component tests, component information: component operation, connectors, component location, tech notes
- Previous vehicles and data: vehicle history, view saved data, delete saved data
The Snap-on Training Solutions modules provide quality product training that is available to professional technicians 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week, when it is most convenient for them. All modules are free-of-charge and technicians can revisit the training sessions as often as necessary to learn at their own pace and comfort level.
"The Snap-on Training Solutions modules are designed to teach all of the latest diagnostic techniques so technicians can get the most out of their diagnostic tools," said Mark Schaefer, director of marketing, Snap-on Diagnostics. "The modules are offered as instructional videos and online narrated slide shows at no charge, and are set up as multi-level training, from basic to advanced levels."
Each module is hosted by National Field Trainer Jim Moritz. With over 30 years of experience in automotive diagnostics, engineering, marketing, training and technical support, he has developed over 100 training courses and trained over 100,000 students. His memberships and certifications include NASTF, ETI, SAE and ASE.
To learn more about MODIS Ultra, talk to a Snap-on representative or visit http://diagnostics.snapon.com.