The ASA Midwest will award four $1,000 scholarships in 2014, for which applications are now available.
Each applicant must have earned a minimum 2.0 GPA in high school and, if currently enrolled in college or votech program, must maintain a 2.0 GPA. Applications must be received by Dec. 13, 2013.
Eligibility requirements are:
1) Applicant must have earned a minimum 2.0 GPA in high school and, if currently enrolled in college or votech program, must maintain a 2.0 GPA.
2) Applicant must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours of an automotive technology program at an accredited college or vocational school in the Midwest or be a high school senior currently enrolled in a votech automotive program with a plan to register and attend a college automotive technology program in the Midwest in the summer or fall of 2014. Prior recipients are eligible to reapply for the scholarship as long as they continue to meet the application criteria.
3) Applicant must submit a copy of his/her transcript, a completed school reference form, and this completed application to the ASA-Midwest offices. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
4) Notification of the scholarship award is not final until applicant receives an official letter from the Scholarship Committee. Scholarships are presented during an awards dinner held at the VISION HiTech Training & Expo on March 8, 2014.
5) An interview with the scholarship committee may be required.
6) Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This free membership opportunity is open to all students currently enrolled in a high school, vo-tech, or college automotive technology program in Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas, or...
New truck technician scholarship opens doors for young techs.