North American purchasers of OTC's Genisys EV line of scan tools from June 15 through Dec. 31 will receive next year's Domestic / Asian / European software upgrade at no additional cost. The users receive the most current code definitions and fixes on the tool today and the free update, valued at $850, will provide all the increased coverage planned for sale in 2014.
Qualifying Genisys scan tools include:
- 3875, System 5.0 covers up to 2012 Domestic/Asian vehicles and 2011 European vehicles
- 3874, includes all 3875 coverage plus Domestic OEM cables, ABS and Air Bag cables
- 3874HD, includes all 3875 coverage plus Domestic OEM cables and Heavy Duty Standard software and cables
- 3874TPR, includes all 3875 coverage plus Domestic OEM cables, ABS and Air Bag cables and industry-exclusive TPR TPMS
- The TPR TPMS tool eliminates the need to manually enter data with Bluetooth wireless sensor registration and TPMS repair information
- 3874 MVCI – ask your local OTC distributor for details
All Genisys scan tools are compatible with the optional 4-channel scope and 5-gas analyzer. Exclusive experienced-based repair solutions are included with standard productivity features like the all-system DTC Test. Genisys also comes with an on-board battery to access repair information without being connected to a vehicle.
"As we continue to collect data on 2012 and 2013 vehicles, we want to ensure new Genisys users have the most updated information available, as it's available," said Ed Lipscomb, OTC product manager. "With updates coming in early January, we're guaranteeing our techs will have the newest software this and next year."
Purchasers will receive a free software confirmation message upon registering their Genisys. Qualifying owners can then download the software and unlock code when available, expected in early January, 2014. Updates can be downloaded at www.genisysotc.com.