Navistar, Inc. announced the launch of its International TranStar regional haul tractor with MaxxForce 13 engine with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) emissions technology. The TranStar is the fifth heavy-duty International truck model to transition to SCR technology since December 2012.
"We continue to rapidly increase our 15L and 13L product coverage and we remain on track to complete the SCR transition of our heavy-duty truck offerings," said Bill Kozek, president North America Truck and Parts, Navistar. "The trucks we are building today are the highest quality trucks Navistar has ever built and they offer improved fuel economy with the same off-the-line responsiveness."
The company's portfolio of SCR-based heavy-duty trucks includes the International ProStar, International PayStar 5900 Set-Back Axle and International 9900i with the Cummins ISX15 engine. In addition, the International ProStar, International WorkStar and the International TranStar are available with the MaxxForce 13 engine with SCR.
International TranStar Features
The TranStar features a setback axle and a 50-degree wheel cut to give drivers one of the tightest turning radius' in its class. With the shortest bumper-to-back-of-cab (BBC) length in the industry of 107" and an available electronic stability control system, the TranStar is a highly maneuverable, regional transport solution.
Other features include:
- Wheelbase options from 140-295"
- Available 4x2 and 6x4 axle configurations
- Available MaxxForce 13 SCR engine with 370 hp and 1,350 lb-ft torque up to 410 hp and 1,900 lb-ft torque
- Available Cummins Westport ISL G natural gas engine with 320 hp and 1,000 lb-ft. torque
- 72" of cab headroom and 82" of interior width for enhanced driver comfort
- Extended cab option with available bunk for storage and rest
- Wrap-around windshield, sloping hood and available fender mirrors for excellent visibility
- Patented "pod" roof fairing, available side extenders and smooth curved bumper for increased aerodynamics
- Dual air brake system with anti-lock ABS brakes and optional roll stability system and traction control for secure ride and handling
- Diamond Logic electrical system for greater reliability, improved productivity and lower maintenance costs
First production units showcased as company prepares for first customer deliveries in late April.
International LoneStar with Cummins ISX15 now available for order.