Agility Fuel Systems, a designer and producer of alternative fuel storage and delivery systems for heavy duty trucks, buses and specialty vehicles, announced the launch of an innovative new compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel system. The high-capacity system is specifically designed to be mounted behind the cab of class 7 and 8 tractors, which are used in over-the-road, long-haul applications.
The new system utilizes three cylinders of 26" in diameter and 80" in length to be able to carry 120 diesel gallon equivalent (DGE) on board. This system, depending on the application, will be able to deliver a 500 mile range before needing to refuel. This represents a major breakthrough as it becomes the industry's best DGE per inch of frame rail. This system can also be combined with additional rail-mounted systems to reach a maximum of 240 DGE.
This system is extremely compact requiring only 31-1/4" of frame rail space. And, with a width of only 87-1/4", will maintain the vehicle aerodynamics by not protruding beyond the side of the cab.
This new system incorporates the following key features:
- Type 4 Cylinders - plastic lined and reinforced with carbon fiber, which are up to 70 percent lighter than steel tanks and not subject to corrosion.
- Integrated Fuel Management Module - controlling accurate filling and pressure delivery to the engine.
- In Cab Display – providing vital information such as fuel level, miles to empty, average mileage per DGE and nearest fueling station locator.
- Area Pressure Relief Valve (PRD) – provides improved safety and better packaging. This new technology captures a much larger heat area than current point pressure relief valves.
- Compact Package - fits behind the cab and completely above the frame rail, thus maintaining the truck's aerodynamic properties.
- Ignition Disconnect Fuel Caps - ergonomic and robust, Agility's fuel caps are designed for the rigorous demands of the heavy truck industry while providing a reliable electrical connection.
Barry Engle, Agility's CEO, stated: "Once again Agility is at the forefront of the natural gas industry with a revolutionary fuel system that provides 120 diesel gallon equivalent (DGE) of CNG. This is the most fuel per square inch of rail space in the industry and allows class 7 and 8 on-the-road trucks to have a usable range of 500 miles. We are really excited about the growth potential that these products will represent for Agility and to the wider adoption of natural gas in the trucking industry."
Agility Fuel Systems is headquartered in Santa Ana, CA, and is the leader in the development of safe, reliable and cost effective natural gas systems for heavy trucks and buses. Agility’s unique...
NGV Technician and Fleet Operations S afety Training September 24 One-day session that teaches you the elements involved in the safe maintenance practice, fueling...