Thanks to the support of Gates Corp., 10 students pursuing automotive aftermarket careers will receive Global Automotive Aftermarket Symposium (GAAS) scholarships.
“Gates is proud to invest in our industry's future and support these worthy recipients of the GAAS scholarships this year,” said Jeff Brekke, president, North American Aftermarket, Gates. “It is an honor and privilege for us to support the GAAS Scholarship Fund and to recognize Pete and Annie Kornafel's dedication and unselfish spirit with this initiative.”
These students will receive a $1,000 scholarship to advance their education, either at two-year vocational/technical colleges or four-year colleges and universities. This year's recipients of Gates-sponsored scholarships are:
- Anthony Bean, McGraw, N.Y.
- Christian Yanovitch, Ft. Myers, Fla.
- Cole Brenneke, Olathe, Kan.
- Corey Groebner, Janesville, Wis.
- Dayne Myers, Grand Junction, Colo.
- Kyle Mahoney, Canon City, Colo.
- Logan Hawkins, Sikeston, Mo.
- Sasha La Greide, Corbett, Ore.
- Sean Cascaden, Mobile, Ala.
- Steffan McKinney, Wellsville, Kan.