PPG Industries Foundation awarded four collision students with $5,000 scholarships through the Collision Repair Education Foundation. These scholarships are awarded to full-time students in a post-secondary school with a focus or degree in collision repair and who have demonstrated interest and involvement in the collision repair community through extracurricular activities. The funds will be used to assist students with educational expenses such as tuition, books, tools, and equipment.
The student winners of the 2013 PPG Foundation Scholarships include:
- Joseph Crawford - Arkansas State in Marked Tree (Marked Tree, Ark.)
- Justin Furman - Washtenaw Community College (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Jessie Jensen - Bridgerland Applied Technology College (Logan, Utah)
- Ryan Stenzel - Ridgewater College (Willmar, Minn.)
Additional funds were raised during PPG's recent MVP Business Solutions Conference in Phoenix, Ariz., and these were utilized to create the PPG MVP Industry Student Scholarship. The selected collision student winner of this $750 scholarship is:
- Jonathan Thigpin – Rolla Technical Institute (Rolla, Mo.)