The popular Delphi Automotive Worldwide Emissions Standards booklets provide easy-to-read summaries of emissions regulations from around the world. An updated 2013-14 edition for passenger car and motorcycle emissions standards is now available. New this year, this version, together with the heavy-duty and off-highway commercial vehicles edition, are available as an interactive app for iPad users.
"The emissions booklets, a renowned and respected reference tool in the industry, are available for the first time as an interactive app. This will make the information accessible to a totally new audience with increased flexibility and user-friendliness," said Jose Morente, vice president marketing and communications, Delphi Powertrain Systems.
The most recent edition of the passenger vehicle and motorcycle emissions standards booklet includes the following updates:
- Future CO2 emissions reduction plans adopted by a number of nations, including their plans for 2020 through 2025. This information can be found in the Fuel Consumption — CO2 Emissions section;
- Several sections highlighting updated U.S. standards, including the U.S. On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) requirements illustrated in a comprehensive table; and
- The revision of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) emissions requirements with 2015 and subsequent requirements.
Keeping up with the scope and complexity of country-specific emissions standards can be challenging for vehicle and engine manufacturers. Delphi's handy guides summarize those requirements so busy industry professionals can easily access the information they need.
Delphi first published its emissions brochures in 1992. Over the years, the booklets have helped vehicle and engine manufacturers and other industry professionals keep up with complex and evolving emissions standards.
There are two separate versions of the Delphi Worldwide Emissions Standards booklets. One contains summaries of passenger car, light duty truck and motorcycle regulations, while a companion booklet provides a synopsis of regulations for heavy duty and off-highway commercial vehicles. An updated booklet with commercial vehicle standards will be published later this year.
- To download the electronic edition (.pdf file): http://delphi.com/manufacturers/auto/powertrain/
- For printed copies of the standards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the app: Search "Delphi Emissions" on the App Store. The Delphi Emissions app is compatible with iPad and requires iOS 5.0 or later.