Of the more than 775,000 automotive technicians working in the United States, 30 outstanding individuals have qualified for the prestigious 2013 World Class Technician Award. The Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA) and National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) work together to recognize these professional technicians who have tested and obtained ASE certification in 22 specialty areas during the 2012 test administrated by ASE.
The 2013 World Class Technicians are:
- George A. Admire, Fort Worth, Texas
- Laneard J. Aldrich, Mesquite, Texas
- Shelby J. Arabie, Angola, La.
- Jamie B. Blair, Grapevine, Texas
- Steven D. Cannistraci, Independence, Ore.
- Lonnie P. Cummings, San Martin, Calif.
- Stewart P. Driskill, IV, Petersburg, Va.
- Jeffrey A. Greb, Grapevine, Texas
- Ronald L. Hanna, Abingdon, Md.
- Steven C. Hardiman, Aurora, Colo.
- Chad D. Henrich, Shakopee, Minn.
- Joel C. Holsomback, North Richland Hills, Texas
- Timothy R. Howard, Des Plaines, Ill.
- Brian W. Hymas, Rexburg, Idaho
- David J. Kabat, Dallas, Texas
- Jason A. Kimes, Bensenville, Ill.
- Kenneth D. Knox, Grapevine, Texas
- Lawrence J. Lehmann, Barrington, N.J.
- Douglas E. Molnar, Grapevine, Texas
- Glenn B. Morgan, Mount Laurel, N.J.
- David A. Parlett, Grapevine, Texas
- Kenneth P. Peterson, Grapevine, Texas
- Darren J. Rapp, White City, Kan.
- Steve J. Salvaggio, El Cajon, Calif.
- George P. Schgier, Mount Laurel, N.J.
- William G. Seider, Grand Prairie, Texas
- Robert L. Stringari, Henderson, Nev.
- Peter J. Taskovic, Chicago, Ill.
- Rudi H. Trickel, Philiadelphia, Pa.
“Recipients of the World Class Technician Award are truly the best of the best and AAIA is proud to recognize these professionals with ASE,” said Kathleen Schmatz, AAIA president and CEO. “Passing 22 ASE tests is a monumental achievement requiring exceptional knowledge and skills.”
“This recognition partnership between AAIA and ASE represents one of the most significant achievement awards available to our ASE-certified professionals,” said Tim Zilke, ASE president and CEO. “ASE is grateful for the support AAIA provides to our service professionals in recognizing these outstanding individuals each year and we celebrate over a quarter century of this commitment to excellence with AAIA.”
Since the World Class Technician recognition was established 27 years ago, only 1,863 technicians have been honored. Recipients receive a special certificate signed by the presidents of ASE and AAIA, a logo medallion and embroidered shoulder insignia. Additionally, their name is perpetually inscribed in an honor book located in the Automotive Hall of Fame in Dearborn, Mich.
Of the more than 759,000 automotive technicians working in the United States, 20 outstanding individuals have qualified for the prestigious 2012 World Class Technician Award.