- Product performance – Frost & Sullivan's independent analysis reveals that as a premier provider of remanufactured brakes for the heavy-duty market, Meritor has been especially successful due to its emphasis on continuously improving product quality. "For example, the PlatinumShield technology in Meritor's brake products extends the brake shoe life by arresting rust-jacking."
- Product reliability – The company has an extensive brake product line that meets customer durability expectations with proven reliability for trucks, coupled with its vast industry expertise, "thus giving the company a major competitive edge." The company also offers the same warranty it offers for new products, one year and unlimited miles, and for brake shoes specifically, the warranty against rustjacking is three years/300,000 miles.
- Product design – Meritor has demonstrated its ability to understand its customers' requirements and offer the best solutions," offering a product design that allows end users to ensure safety for their trucks. Meritor is driven by safety."
- Product usability – The key in the remanufacturing of brakes lies in effectively managing cores. "Meritor has successfully demonstrated that it has a quality core management practice, which helps it to procure and integrate cores in the remanufactured aftermarket brake systems." These remanufactured brakes are then rigorously evaluated using the same criteria as for new brakes, employing state-of-the-art testing equipment in its in-house laboratory.
- Perceived value – Meritor's products have a reputation for best-in-class reliability and performance. Frost & Sullivan research reveals this has further cemented customers' perceptions of the "true value the company places on product quality...Meritor's quality performance is achieved by enhancing the value proposition for its customers."
Meritor's global remanufacturing operations include eight sites in five countries producing a substantial portfolio of drivetrain and wheel-end components. More than 30,000 tons of metal are recycled annually in Meritor's remanufacturing operations worldwide, and the company recycles 90 percent of all waste from its operations. More than 40,000 tons of cores, or original components, are processed at Meritor remanufacturing facilities annually.
The Product Quality Leadership Award is a prestigious recognition of Meritor's accomplishments in the Remanufactured Brakes Aftermarket. An unbiased, third-party recognition provides a significant impact in enhancing the brand value and accelerating Meritor's growth. According to Frost & Sullivan, it desires to inspire, influence and impact three constituencies: investors, customers and employees.
Meritor Inc. is making PlatinumShield II coating available for its new lined aftermarket brakes. The special coating will be available on all new, lined brake shoes, except those with EG and EG2...
Begins production of PlatinumShield II
Due to growth of remanufactured component sales, Meritor invested $2.7 million in equipment for Plainfield, Ind. facility.