- Wall Street Journal – The Journal's interactive app now features live and on-demand radio programming to stay on top of the latest news, markets, technology and lifestyle coverage from the nation's largest newspaper
- USA Today – Get 24/7 access to the latest USA TODAY content. Hear headlines from News, Money, Sports, Life, Tech and Travel categories. Play, pause, skip and go back within and between stories, for an easily customized listening experience
- Kaliki – Radio talent reads audio versions of the most compelling articles from a variety of magazines and newspapers such as Shape Magazine, TV Guide, Men's Fitness, OK! and Agence France-Presse. Launching with local papers in Detroit and Los Angeles with more publishers to come later in the year. All the content in Kaliki is free, with no subscription required
- Amazon Cloud Player – Drivers can listen to their personal music collection streamed from Amazon's cloud-based music locker service
- Aha Radio – Voice control of more than 30,000 stations of your favorite Internet content – radio, on-demand music services, news, entertainment, podcasts, audiobooks, social feeds, personalized restaurant, coffee, weather and hotel stations, and more
- Rhapsody – Listen to millions of songs, plus radio stations and expert-created playlists from America's top premium subscription music service on the road
- Greater Media – Listen to live streams of favorite radio stations from around the United States
- Glympse – Provide friends and family with an ETA and update of your location in real time on a dynamic map, completely hands-free
- BeCouply – Get instant suggestions for cool date ideas in your area
SYNC was co-developed by Ford and Microsoft based on the recognition that consumer electronics evolve much more rapidly than vehicles. The connectivity system was architected to work with the mobile devices that drivers use every day, while providing an upgrade path that can bring new capabilities into the vehicle.
Since debuting in 2007 on the Focus, Ford has added numerous features to SYNC including AppLink, 911 Assist, Vehicle Health Report and SYNC Services, a cloud-based service network featuring traffic reports, turn-by-turn directions, business search, news, sports scores and movie listings.
"Thanks to our partner Microsoft and their expertise, we have turned the car into a development platform with extensive opportunities to continue to add value through new features delivered at the speed consumers now expect," said Doug VanDagens , global director of Ford Connected Services. "With more than 1 billion smartphones now in service around the world, we expect mobile connectivity will continue to grow in importance."
Subaru displays in-dash entertainment and information system.
First MirrorLink DevCon to be Feb. 26, 2013 at Mobile World Congress.
General Motors will make list of features standard via smartphone for five years through the OnStar RemoteLink Mobile App.