Do you know any real-world heros?
Mike Schiotis, the 2012 Goodyear Highway Hero Award winner, rescued a woman from a gun-wielding attacker in November 2011.
Nominations for Goodyear’s 30th North America Highway Hero Award will be accepted until January 31, 2013, at www.goodyeartrucktires.com. The Goodyear Highway Hero Award recognizes professional truck drivers for acts of heroism performed while on the road between Nov. 16, 2011, and Dec. 15, 2012.
The winner of the 30th Highway Hero Award will receive a $5,000 cash prize, a custom Goodyear Highway Hero ring, and other prizes. The person who nominates the winning 30th Highway Hero will receive a $1,000 cash award.
Goodyear Highway Hero Award Nomination Criteria
To nominate a candidate for Goodyear’s 30th Highway Hero Award, go to www.goodyeartrucktires.com, click on the Highway Hero button, fill out the online form, and send your nomination directly to Goodyear. For consideration, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must be a full-time professional truck driver.
- Nominee must reside in the U.S. or Canada.
- The incident must have happened in the U.S. or Canada.
- The nominee must have been on the job – or on the way to and from work – and in his or her rig at the time of the incident.
- Nominee’s truck must have had 12 or more wheels at the time of the incident.
- The incident must have taken place between Nov. 16, 2011, and Dec. 15, 2012, to qualify.