The devastation from Superstorm Sandy has had a significant impact on much of the East Coast, leaving thousands of individuals with substantial damage to home and property. After hearing of the tremendous losses faced by many affected communities, Bosch has committed $340,000 in funding and in-kind donations to help the victims of this natural disaster.
"The devastation made us all realize just how fortunate we are that everyone on our team was reported safe," said Mike Mansuetti , president, Robert Bosch LLC. "Guided by our slogan 'Invented for Life,' we are compelled to use our resources to let those impacted by the disaster know that we care."
Measures of support include:
- The Bosch Community Fund, in conjunction with Robert Bosch Tool Corp., is contributing $100,000 in short-term relief to Habitat for Humanity earmarked to aid storm victims, as well as power tools worth $100,000 in value to support recovery efforts. Working in partnership, Bosch and Lowe's will furnish 24 vans donated by General Motors with power tools and equipment. These 'Mobile Response Units' will be driven by Habitat and partner volunteers, including Bosch associates, to assist residents of devastated communities in Monmouth County, N.J. and Breezy Point, N.Y..
- The Bosch Community Fund will also contribute $100,000 to the United Way of Greater Lehigh Valley, Pa., to support home restoration for affected low-income, elderly and disabled homeowners in Bethlehem - a Bosch community - and surrounding areas.
- Funding support will be reinforced by the in-kind donation of Bosch products such as boilers, security products, solar modules and water heaters, totaling up $40,000 in value.
- Many Bosch associates are giving personal funds to the national American Red Cross and American Red Cross of the Greater Lehigh Valley, who provide immediate relief to victims of disasters.
- In select locations, Bosch is offering its associates the opportunity to take time off to volunteer for relief efforts. Bosch has 23 locations and employs over 6,700 associates along the Eastern U.S. seaboard and nearby states.
"While no one company can help every community in need, Bosch is striving to do its part to help affected communities repair and renew," said Mansuetti. "To those who have been impacted by Superstorm Sandy, you have our support and we are confident in your efforts to rebuild."