- Audi A6, A7, A8 and Q5 TDI diesels will be available in 2013 joining the Q7 and A3 TDI to bring Audi's diesel offerings to a total of six. A TDI clean diesel A4 version is also expected in 2014 or early as 2013.
- BMW announced that the U.S. market will see a 2.0-liter four cylinder diesel and 3.0-liter inline six diesel engine in the next 12 months.
- Chrysler will introduce its new Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel in 2014, along with a new version of the discontinued Dakota pickup that will include a diesel.
- Ford will offer a new diesel Transit full-size commercial van in 2013.
- General Motors will offer a Cadillac ATS diesel and a diesel version of the Chevrolet Cruze in 2013.
- Mazda will become the only Asian car manufacturer to sell diesel cars in the U.S. when it introduces its SKYACTIV-D 2.2-liter clean diesel engine.
- The Mercedes S350 BlueTEC marks the return of the diesel-powered Mercedes-Benz S-Class to the United States in 2012. Mercedes also plans to bring a diesel in the GLK and C-class for a total of eight diesel models by 2014.
- The Diesel Technology Forum is a non-profit national organization dedicated to raising awareness about the importance of diesel engines, fuel and technology. Forum members are leaders in clean diesel technology and represent the three key elements of the modern clean-diesel system: advanced engines, vehicles and equipment, cleaner diesel fuel and emissions-control systems. For more information visit www.dieselforum.org.
The 2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI set a U.S. record by averaging 77.99 MPG.
Bosch presents clean diesel technology at Washington Auto Show.