Furthering its commitment to bringing leading technology to the aftermarket, Dana Holding Corporation introduced four new aftermarket products during the 2012 Specialty Equipment Manufacturing Association (SEMA) Show, Oct. 30 to Nov. 2, in Las Vegas.
The company used this event to unveil its Spicer Ultra-Premium Synthetic Grease, Spicer performance differential covers, and Spicer one-piece aluminum driveshafts and specialty driveshafts.
"Driven by customer demand, Dana engineers design our performance products to withstand the rigors of off-road and on-road driving, and continually seek to improve our aftermarket portfolio to meet our customers' unique needs," said Bill Gryzenia, vice president and general manager for Dana's aftermarket business.
Amongst the products unveiled were:
- Spicer Ultra-Premium Synthetic Grease: the only lubricant engineered specifically to complement genuine Spicer Life Series universal joints, delivering maximum performance and extending bearing life by more than 50 percent.
- Spicer performance differential covers: manufactured from high-strength iron and built with ribbing to protect components from off-road and trail environments, the cover delivers increased fluid capacity on high pinion angles for overall strength and durability for any application.
- Spicer one-piece aluminum driveshafts: available in 3.5- and 4-inch diameters, the driveshafts allow for a significant reduction in weight and rotating mass, while improving efficiency through the elimination of the center bearing and helping to maximize vehicle acceleration. The 4-inch diameter shaft allows for higher RPMs. The current application serves Ford Mustangs and bolts directly to the original equipment flange, eliminating the need for adaptors. Additional applications are planned.
- Spicer specialty driveshafts: meet the off-road application and market demands for higher torque carrying capacity, expanded range of slip, and optimal strength and durability. The specialty driveshaft enhancements include thicker-wall tubing for additional protection in rugged environments, reduced shaft diameters to allow improved clearance, and extended length shafts to address the lift kit applications.
- Dana's genuine Crate Axle program: developed to offer out-of-the-box Spicer-quality axle replacements with housings, gears, bearings, and axle shafts in Dana 30, 44, 60, 70, and 80 model axles.
- Spicer Standard and Overhaul axle and bearing kits: two comprehensive differential rebuild kits complete with all the small parts necessary to rebuild a differential.
Throughout the four-day show, Dana representatives gave live demonstrations that showcased how to rebuild an axle and service a driveshaft. In addition, the company will demonstrate its Spicer iPad application, which will launch later this year and was developed specifically for the aftermarket.